Guwahati: A group of around 70 men took out a bike rally bearing swords and axes in their hands in Tinsukia on Monday to the awe of local public. The rally which was allegedly carried out by the saffron outfit, Bajrang Dal was said to be part of the procession taken out on the occasion of ‘Ashtra Poojan’.
Midway through the rally, the local public and police authorities got together to intercept the flurry of motorcycles. Some of the riders were also thrashed as an altercation took place between the locals and the people participating in the rally.
Also Read: Manipur: 5 more persons, including 3 women, succumb to COVID-19
“In about 20-25 motorcycles, men carrying swords in their hands as they took out a rally from Thana Chariali towards Hijugoori, as we noticed it and followed them. Upon questioning one of them admitted to be a member of Bajrang Dal,” said a police official.
The official further added that no permission was taken from authorities to carry out such a rally and the local police was equally surprised to see the sword clad bikers roaming around the town.
As per reports, the police have detained four men who were part of the rally along with seizing three motorcycles.
Also Read: India records lowest one-day COVID-19 cases in last 3 months
- Canine experts seek end to practice of using police dogs for VIP events
- How to get free spins at European Casino
- BJP destroyed railways by stopping practice of separate budget: Mamata
- All you need to know about getting free spins on card registration
- Sikkim lists ‘pharma-related’ products as part of One District One Product
- NEDA convener Himanta Biswa Sarma to visit violence-hit Manipur
Leave a comment