Agartala: What makes an Indian citizen? Does it entail the right to vote, access to government schemes, and the right to be heard? If so, then there is a strong case for thousands of Indians living in Tripura to believe that they are Indians only in theory.
Sample this: they can vote in elections but are not entitled to government schemes. Education, Health and other basics remain a privilege for most, and what they can or cannot do is not dictated by regular laws; instead, they must obey everything the border forces say.[ad......
- NFR assures completion of Dhansiri-Zubza rail line by 2024
- NE is future of sports in India: Arunachal CM Pema Khandu
- 146 participants from 20 countries join Asian Ranger Forum in Guwahati
- After pineapple, Tripura eyes GI tags for shidol, orange, scented lemon
- In a first, Kyrgyzstan wrestler wins Hornbill Naga wrestling C’ship
- Germany sees Nagaland as a destination for experiential tourism