Agartala: Abu Khayer Miah, an ex-Assam Rifles officer, is a busy man. Miah served in the central paramilitary force for 21 years before taking voluntary retirement. His reason? “Serving the society,” he tells EastMojo.
Khayer was born and brought up in Boxanangar, a Muslim majority area that is considered a Left citadel. Miah joined TIPRA Motha and many believe he is a strong contender for a party ticket.
Miah did not just go from being a serviceman to a contender. Over the past few years, he has helped TIPRA expand its party footprints in crucial pockets. And his efforts have paid......
- ‘Goldilocks’ star reveals how water gets to planets like Earth
- Underactive immune response may explain severe Covid in obese: Study
- Are flu cases already 100 times higher than last year? Here’s what we really know about the 2023 flu season
- Antibiotics shouldn’t be used in Covid unless suspicion of bacterial infection: Centre
- How financial stress can affect your mental health
- Air India to temporarily reduce flights on some US routes: CEO