“We received information that some Bangladeshi nationals were staying in Ramnagar area under West Tripura district. Accordingly, a joint raid was conducted along with officers of the Military Intelligence. As many as 11 people were found staying at an abandoned building near Mukta Sangha on Tuesday night. They were produced before the court on Wednesday morning,” the police source added.
16 Bangladeshi nationals were arrested from Rajnagar area a day before. The police recovered mobile phones, and both Indian and Bangladeshi currencies from them.
Preliminary investigation revealed that all of the arrested worked as masons and had reached Agartala looking to work in the construction sector.
- State Bank of Pakistan’s forex reserves fall to 4-year low of USD 6.72B
- Medical jargon is often misunderstood by the general public, says study
- No wastage of Covid vaccines in govt buffer stock due to expiry: Govt
- What legacy will Vladimir Putin leave Russia?
- 13.92 lakh cancer cases in India in 2020, projected to increase by 12.8 per cent: Mandaviya
- Men are losing their Y chromosome, but a new sex gene gives hope