Agartala: Former Tripura chief minister Biplab Kumar Deb‘s security cover has been downsized, a senior police officer said on Monday.
Deb, who had stepped down as chief minister on May 14, however, is still being provided Z-category security by the Ministry of Home Affairs.
Three vehicles were withdrawn from the former CM’s convoy with effect from May 21. “Now, we are providing a four-vehicle cover to him… maintaining all security parameters and analysing threat perceptions,” the officer said.
In a surprise move ahead of the 2023 assembly election, the BJP made Rajya Sabha MP Manik Saha the new Chief Minister of Tripura, replacing Deb.
Deb had resigned on May 14, a day after meeting Union Home Minister Amit Shah and BJP president JP Nadda in New Delhi.
- Armed Forces Flag Day 2022: Things you need to know
- Meghalaya: NEHU to tie up with pvt company for work on Agri project
- Meghalaya: Gokhale a ‘psycho’, will file defamation case, says Dy CM
- Female umpires to break new ground during Ranji Trophy
- Manipur Guv reviews developmental works underway in Noney district
- Assam: Morigaon DC orders probe into PDS rice scam in district