Silchar: In yet another another incident of crime against women, a 17-year-old girl has been allegedly raped by a 40-year-old man at Rowa in North Tripura district.
The victim’s mother lodged an FIR in this regard at Panisagar police station on May 13.
The victim’s mother, in her police complaint, said that the accused Mansur Ali had raped the minor girl multiple times a few months ago in their house when her father was admitted to a hospital for nearly a week and she often stayed alone at home.
Her complaint further stated that the accused had threatened the girl of dire consequences because of which the victim did not reveal anything to her family members.
The matter, however, came to light after the girl became pregnant.
The accused, who is married and has five children, tried to settle the entire matter by giving an amount of Rs 1 lakh, but the victim’s family refused to accept it, the complainant alleged.
According to sources, police have registered a case and the manhunt is on to the culprit.
Panisagar sub-divisional police officer (SDPO) Souvik Dey told EastMojo on Saturday that a case under Section 376 (rape) of the Indian Penal Code and under relevant section of the Prevention of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act, 2012 had been registered in connection with the incident.
Also read: Tribals must explore means to contribute to nation: Sangma
- 2 NSCN-K (NS) militants kill guard, escape from Arunachal jail
- Massive landslide cuts off road to North Sikkim, destroys homes
- Delimitation exercise: ECI team in Guwahati for ground assessment
- Nagaland CM to present first budget of new govt today
- Hindus among healthiest, Sikhs most likely to own homes: UK census
- Four volcanic hotspots in the Solar System