Agartala: A former militant has been arrested in connection with a robbery case in Tripura, police said on Tuesday.
Parimal Debbarma, once a dreaded militant of the National Liberation Front of Tripura (NLFT), was arrested in Kamalghat in West Tripura on Monday night in connection with robbing of Rs 16 lakh from Nirmal Debnath, who runs a ‘micro-ATM’ in Bishramganj Market, on March 6, a senior police officer said.
“During the investigation, it was revealed that Debbarma and some surrendered militants were involved in the robbery. He will be produced before the court with a plea for police remand,” Inspector General (Law and Order) Arindam Nath told PTI.
Debbarma, who was earlier nabbed by security forces, was facing trial in 10 insurgency-related cases, in which he was granted bail on January 8 this year.
Five months since Run BTS, Twitterati miss the boys
- Assam: Submission date under Mission Basundhara 2.0 extended
- Meghalaya: CRPF celebrates ‘Raising Day’ in Tura
- Itanagar police seized heroin worth Rs 90 lakh, arrest 21 peddlers in March
- Palm Sunday 2023: Wishes and greetings for your loved ones
- Tripura to host G20 conclave on clean energy from Monday
- Arunachal: Army personnel dies in landslide, body recovered after 4 days