Agartala: Suman Bhattacharjee, a freelance painter from Tripura, has been shortlisted for Presidential artworks in Rashtrapati Bhavan.
He is among four artists from across the country and one from the Northeast who have been shortlisted for the prestigious artworks, Lalit Kala Academy Executive Board Member Suman Majumder said on Monday.
Pankaj Pratim Bordoloi, Deputy Director of the President’s Secretariat, in a recent letter to Bhattacharjee, asked him to submit three sample works life and bust size portraits of President Ram Nath Kovind and a life-size portrait of President and the First Lady together for the final selection.
Bhattacharjee, who did his Masters in Fine Arts from Tripura Central University, is the first painter from the state and the Northeast to be selected for the Presidential artworks, Majumder said.
Also read | BJP names candidate for Majuli bypoll in Assam
- Why certain types of music make our brains sing, and others don’t
- In Nepal, officials defend detusking to reduce human-elephant conflict
- Over 75 pc Indians with hypertension have uncontrolled BP: Lancet study
- World Cup concussion rules may be putting players’ lives at risk
- Cabinet decisions: TMC seeks white paper from Himanta-led Assam govt
- The Wonder on Netflix shows how starving bodies remain a public spectacle