New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday greeted the people of Manipur, Meghalaya, and Tripura on their statehood day and praised them for their “vibrant contributions” to the country’s development.
The three states were formed on this day 50 years back in 1972 with the enactment of North-Eastern Areas (Reorganisation) Act, 1971.
“Greetings to the people of Manipur, Meghalaya and Tripura on their Statehood Days. These states are making vibrant contributions to India’s development. Praying for their constant progress,” Modi tweeted.
- Int’l river conclave in Guwahati from May 28-29
- NRL contributes Rs 2.5 crore to Assam Chief Minister’s Relief Fund
- India logs 2,628 Covid cases in a day, 18 deaths
- Mizoram: Police recovers 468 smuggled exotic animals in Champhai
- Nagaland Board exam results to be declared on May 31
- Assam CM inaugurates model schools in tea gardens