New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday greeted the people of Manipur, Meghalaya, and Tripura on their statehood day and praised them for their “vibrant contributions” to the country’s development.
The three states were formed on this day 50 years back in 1972 with the enactment of North-Eastern Areas (Reorganisation) Act, 1971.
“Greetings to the people of Manipur, Meghalaya and Tripura on their Statehood Days. These states are making vibrant contributions to India’s development. Praying for their constant progress,” Modi tweeted.
PM, Jugnauth jointly launch India-assisted projects in Mauritius
- Nepal PM Prachanda to face vote of confidence
- Assam: Gauhati HC allows foreigner’s request for extension of registration time
- India summons senior-most UK diplomat over pulling down of Indian flag
- Is China becoming a peacemaker, or is it just as aggressive as before?
- Meghalaya: VPP MLAs stage walkout after Governor’s speech in Hindi
- Mizoram Governor seeks ECI’s opinion on minister’s disqualification