A series of raids led to the seizure of cough syrup bottles worth over Rs 1 Crore. Two raids were carried out by Tripura Police at Balaji Parkings and Weight Bridge area of Agartala on Friday and Thursday evenings.
During both the raids, the police recovered cough syrup bottles from vehicles belonging to courier services. On Friday, the police seized 3,500 cough syrup bottles worth Rs 50 lakh.
Based on a tip-off, the cops raided a godown owned by Delhivery at Balaji Parkings. After searching, the police found 20 packets without any address that raised suspicion.
Right now it is still unclear who the bottles belong to but the police are going to register a case and, as the investigation proceeds, they hope to be able to nab the culprits.
A similar raid was carried out on Thursday evening and over 15,000 bottles of cough syrup were seized. It is estimated that the seized goods are worth Rs 80 lakh.
- Do not approve of firing on civilians: Assam CM
- Tripura piggery owners yet to be compensated for ASF mass-culling
- Mizoram CM visits aspirational Mamit district, inspects projects
- Assam school boys assault pregnant teacher over ‘complaint’ to parents
- Ronaldo leaves ManU by ‘mutual agreement’. Why wasn’t he sacked?
- Garena’s Free Fire Max Redeem Codes for 30 November, 2022