A series of raids led to the seizure of cough syrup bottles worth over Rs 1 Crore. Two raids were carried out by Tripura Police at Balaji Parkings and Weight Bridge area of Agartala on Friday and Thursday evenings.
During both the raids, the police recovered cough syrup bottles from vehicles belonging to courier services. On Friday, the police seized 3,500 cough syrup bottles worth Rs 50 lakh.
Based on a tip-off, the cops raided a godown owned by Delhivery at Balaji Parkings. After searching, the police found 20 packets without any address that raised suspicion.
Right now it is still unclear who the bottles belong to but the police are going to register a case and, as the investigation proceeds, they hope to be able to nab the culprits.
A similar raid was carried out on Thursday evening and over 15,000 bottles of cough syrup were seized. It is estimated that the seized goods are worth Rs 80 lakh.
- Universities should not become spaces for ideological conflict: HM Shah
- Modi to address BJP national office bearers’ meeting in Jaipur on May 20
- Survey of diseases, updating health data needed: Manipur health minister
- Mundka fire: Delhi Police writes to over 10 agencies for building documents
- Tripura records 18% rainfall deficit, but pre-monsoon rains to continue
- BJP misusing central agencies: Mamata amid SSC row