Agartala: As Prime Minister Narendra Modi turned 71 on Friday, politicians, leaders and people from different walks of life extended their greetings to him. On his part, Tripura Chief Minister Biplab Kumar Deb, along with MLA Biplab Ghosh and JP party leaders visited Mata Tripurasundari temple to pray for a long and healthy life for Modi.
“Today is the birthday of the all time best Prime Minister Narendra Modi and this day is being celebrated with great joy and happiness,” the Tripura CM said.
“People across the country are celebrating his birthday as per their own beliefs. I have to come to Mata Tripurasundari temple on behalf of the 37 lakh people of Tripura to pray for his long life, health and to ensure he keeps working for the people of the country for many more years,” Deb said.
BJP workers also organised Swacch Bharat Abhiyan, in which CM Deb also participated with the volunteers to clean the temple premises. Later, he distributed clothes among the needy at the temple premises to mark PM Modi’s 71st birthday.
Similarly, Deb had organised a Yagna at the Tripurasundari temple last year to pray for Modi.
- Assam swimmer breaks 12-year national record in 100m butterfly
- Manipur celebrates Mera Houchongba, marks day of solidarity
- Meghalaya by-polls: Independent Esron Marweiñ says farmers his top priority
- NEIPDA calls for 48-hr petrol pump closure in Guwahati
- Flood: Central team visits Assam to assess damages; state seeks funds
- Priyanka Gandhi stopped by UP police from going to Agra, taken to police lines