Agartala: In yet another political development, Tripura Legislative Assembly Speaker and senior BJP leader Rebati Mohan Das submitted his resignation to the deputy speaker Biswabandhu Sen citing “personal reasons” here on Thursday.
“I have submitted my resignation to the deputy speaker Biswabandhu Sen due to personal reasons,” Das told EastMojo.
Das, a former CPIM leader, switched to BJP in 2016 and was given the ticket from the Pratapgarh assembly constituency in the state assembly election.
The developments come amidst the chief minister being stationed at the national capital attending administrative meetings.
After BJP-IPFT came to power, Das became the speaker. However, his role as a speaker was not impressive as many legislators, including the BJP, pointed out his mistakes in conducting the session.
Meanwhile, sources said BJP MLA from Khayerpur assembly constituency Ratan Chakraborty may succeed him during the next assembly session scheduled to begin September last week.
On Tuesday, three MLAs – Ram Prasad Paul, Sushanta Chowdhury, Bhagaban Das – were inducted to the state cabinet increasing the strength to 11 of the total 12 sanctioned slots.
- India GDP grows at 6.3 pc in Jul-Sept quarter
- Exporters say key buyer Iran not lifting Indian tea
- The era of megalopolis: how the world’s cities are merging
- More boys with cancer being diagnosed than girls in India: Lancet study
- BJP got Rs 614.53 cr as contributions in 2021-22, Congress Rs 95.46 cr
- Six common COVID myths, busted