Agartala: Trinamool Congress leader Sushmita Dev, who is on a 15-day visit to Tripura, said it would be a challenge to create an organisation in Tripura.
Dev said that the BJP had made boastful promises in the Tripura elections, but it had failed. Therefore, it is time to respond to the betrayal of the people.
According to her, the Left is inactive in Tripura, and the Congress has not been able to form a committee for two years. Amid all this, the Trinamool Congress is coming to fight against the misrule in Tripura, she said.
“People want the TMC organisation to spread in Tripura. For a few months, we will have to deal with tough challenges,” Dev added.
She also said that TMC would take up that challenge to build the organisation. She claimed that experienced TMC leaders from West Bengal are constantly coming to Tripura.
Meanwhile, West Bengal education minister Bratya Basu and Trinamool MP Pratima Mandal arrived in Tripura on Wednesday. Both leaders questioned why BJP workers were attacking TMC supporters if they are not scared. Basu said that the BJP did not want to recognise TMC in Tripura, but backed miscreants who are vandalising the vehicles of the TMC workers.
Later this evening, Dev along with Tripura unit leaders, visited the house of Mujibar Islam Majumder, who was allegedly attacked by BJP workers. She also visited the house of former Tripura Chief Minister late Sudhir Ranjan Majumder.
Also Read: Senior Congress leader Sushmita Dev quits, to join TMC
- Treat patients first before initiating hospital admission process: Mamata to doctors
- Arunachal: CBI files charge sheet in APPSC question paper leak case
- For Zo refugees fleeing Bangladesh, BSF beating, ‘Mizoram is only hope’
- Indian High Commissioner presents credentials to King Charles
- Meghalaya: MLA Mohendro Rapsang to quit Cong, to join NPP
- India logs 249 fresh COVID-19 cases