Agartala: Hours after three new ministers were inducted in the Biplab Kumar Deb-led government, the CM announced minor changes in the departments of the ministers.
Newly-inducted minister Sushanta Chowdhury will handle the Information and Cultural Affairs, Youth Affairs and Sports PWD (DWS).
Bhagaban Das will take charge of Welfare of Scheduled Caste Department, Animal Resource Development and Labour.
Ram Prasad Paul will handle Home (Jail and Fire & Emergency Services), Welfare of Other Backward Classes and Cooperation.
Narendra Chandra Debbarma will take over Revenue and Forest, Mevar Kumar Jamatia has been given charge of Tribal welfare, Fisheries and Industries & Commerce (excluding handloom handicraft and sericulture and IT).
Santana Chakma was relieved from the charge of the Animal Resource Development Department and given the charge of Urban Development department, in addition to Social Welfare and Social Education Department.
Ratan Lal Nath has been given charge of the Higher and School education and Law (including parliamentary affairs).
Jishnu Dev Varman will continue as the Minister for Power, RD (including Panchayat), Finance, P & C, science, technology and environment.
Chief Minister Biplab Kumar Deb has kept the Home (excluding jail and fire and emergency service) Health and Family welfare, PWD (excluding DWS), Industry and commerce and IT, General Administration, Election, and all other policies not allocated to any minister.
- Rs 50,000 ex-gratia to kin of those who lost lives to COVID: Centre to SC
- Border issue: Khasi Hills council chief unhappy over exclusion
- Researchers have figured why COVID cases continue to rise in Mizoram
- RN Ravi formally relieved as interlocutor for Naga peace talks
- Manipur CM Biren Singh shows off football skills in friendly match
- Saree: Netizens wreak havoc on Delhi restaurant for denying woman entry