Agartala: Tripura chief minister Biplab Kumar Deb is likely to announce the Cabinet expansion on Tuesday morning, party sources said.
The expansion was long due since the formation of BJP-IPFT government in March 2018.
BJP MLA and RSS leader Ramprasad Paul, Sushanta Chowdhury and Bhagaban Das are likely to join as ministers in the expanded state cabinet.
Speculation on the reshuffle was going on for the past one year and it intensified on Monday following the visit of the party’s central leaders and several rounds of meetings at the state party office.
A delegation of BJP top brass including national general secretary Dilip Saikia, Northeastern zonal secretary Ajay Jamwal, Tripura In-charge Vinod Sonkar and Phanindra Nath Sharma, who is responsible for both Tripura and Assam, arrived here on Monday.
The BJP-IPFT alliance defeated the Left Front government in the 2018 general assembly elections, winning 44 out of 66 seats. The BJP won 36 seats while its ally IPFT won eight out of nine seats that it contested.
Currently, there are four vacancies in the Tripura council of ministers. Three seats were kept vacant since the government came to power. One more became vacant after the exit of former health minister Sudip Roy Barman in 2019.
- Ukrainian ecologists say nature will suffer no matter war’s result
- 5 names recommended by Collegium to be cleared soon: Centre to SC
- Quad agrees to leverage machine learning to enhance cyber security
- Chinese spy balloon spotted over US airspace
- Meghalaya 2023: Busiest day in Garo Hills on day 4 of nominations
- No proposal to use remote voting machine in “upcoming election” in country: Rijiju in LS