Agartala: Tripura chief minister Biplab Kumar Deb on Friday met governor Satyadev Narayan Arya on a courtesy call at Raj Bhavan in Agartala amid speculations of cabinet expansion in the state.
After coming out of Raj Bhavan, CM Deb said he met the governor on a courtesy call. “After the swearing-in ceremony of the new governor, both of us were outside the state. Hence, we could not have a one-on-one discussion. I have spoken with him about the work being done by our government,” Deb said.
Meanwhile, the meeting, which hardly lasted for about an hour, has led to speculations about a possible Cabinet expansion in the next few days.
In the meeting, the chief minister briefed the governor on the state’s administrative work, political situation and the COVID-19 measures taken by his government.
Shortly after meeting with the governor, the Tripura CM left for Meghalaya to attend the two-day North East Space Application Centre (NESPC) meeting in Shillong.
Union home minister Amit Shah and DoNER minister G Kishan Reddy are also likely to attend the meeting along with the chief ministers of the Northeastern states.
The Tripura CM is likely to follow the central cabinet expansion model giving space to MLAs from different communities and backgrounds.
Earlier, he met the top brass of the BJP including Prime Minister Narendra Modi during his visit to the national capital recently.
- Paediatric Covaxin: Bharat Biotech completes phase 2/3 trials
- Students who lost parents to COVID won’t be charged exam fee
- Assam government orders inquiry into Bodoland encounter
- Gandhi, Godse, and ‘Freedom at Midnight’
- These must-have foods help you have a happy and healthy heart
- In a first, 3 cases of Delta plus variant reported in Mizoram