Agartala: Tripura Chief Minister Biplab Kumar Deb on Sunday has sent 100 cartons of state fruit ‘queen pineapple’ to Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina as a return gift to mangoes as a goodwill gesture.
A total of 100 cartons of 400 pineapples, 4 in each carton, were sent through the Agartala-Akhaura integrated check post on Sunday.
Dr Phanibhushan Jamatia, director of the Horticulture Department, said Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina had recently sent the famous Haribhanga mango to the Chief Minister of Tripura, in return, we are sending queen pineapple.
Earlier, the Assistant High Commissioner of Bangladesh at Agartala handed over 300 kg of mangoes to the Chief Minister. After receiving the mango, the Chief Minister thanked Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina over the telephone.
He said the Chief Minister had said on the same day that pineapples would also be sent from Tripura to further enhance relationship with Bangladesh.
Tarit Kanti Chakma, director of the industry and commerce department, handed over pineapples at the Agartala Integrated Checkpost at 8 am to the Indian Deputy High Commission in Chittagong.
An official of the Indian Deputy High Commission in Chittagong will deliver 100 cartons of pineapple to the office of the Indian High Commission in Dhaka. The Indian High Commissioner will hand over the greetings sent by the Chief Minister of Tripura to Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina.
- Manipur: How dumping sites turned into street libraries in Tamenglong
- Tripura: Mysterious death of a family, Opposition leader demands probe
- Meghalaya: George Lyngdoh resigns from TMC citing ‘personal reasons’
- Manipur’s biggest achievement in 7 decades: Biren Singh on peace pact with UNLF
- Now, you can fly directly to Bangkok from Guwahati
- ‘Animal’ review: A monstrous attack on feminism, wokeism