Agartala: In a bid to provide some relief to the poor daily workers in the state amid the COVID-19 pandemic, the Tripura E-Rickshaw Sramik Samiti is offering a complete meal at just Re 1 to over 200 people daily.
Hundreds of people are seen standing in long queues between 10 am and 12 noon every day to have their meals near Battala Market in Agartala.
Speaking with reporters, social activist Biplab Kar, who is also the president of the e-rickshaw union, said that the initiative was taken in a bid to offer some relief to the poor people during the pandemic.
“We will serve 200 meals every day at just Re 1 for the people in Battala market area. We will continue serving meals as long as the pandemic continues,” Kar said.
He also said that rice, dal and vegetables will be served four days a week. Egg, fish and meat will be served once a week.
He also said that the initiative was successful with the help of local businessmen and social organisations who extended their helping hand.
- Will India make a winning start at women’s Asian Champions Trophy?
- Meghalaya Youth Cong: Mass resignation not end of Congress
- Singapore says Omicron not more severe than other variants as of now
- BWF World Tour Finals: Sindhu beats Yamaguchi in semis, enters final
- Ratan Tata, Lovlina Borgohain, 17 others to receive top Assam govt awards
- Amid calls for booster shots, experts say double vaccinate against Covid first