In a major breakthrough, a team of Tripura police seized Bangladeshi currency and contraband worth Rs 15 lakh on Wednesday in Bishalgarh town in Sepahijala District. Two people were arrested in connection with the case.
According to the district police officer Krishnendu Chakraborty, police seized around 200 bottles of Escof cough syrup, 2,500 Spasmo Proxyvon tablets, over 3.5 lakhs in Bangladeshi currency and over Rs 62,000 in Indian currency. Apart from this, gold ornaments worth Rs 3.5 lakh were also seized from them.
“We received a tip-off about chances of such substances being up for grabs in Bishalgarh market. A raid was carried out at the shop of one Uttam Banik who is known to be involved in such dealings. During the raid we could seize several items,” Krishnendu Chakraborty said.
“So far we have arrested two people identified as Uttam Banik and Sujit Saha who were in the shop,” he added.
The raid was carried out under the supervision of the officer-in-charge of Bishalgarh Police Station, Debashish Saha.
- Meghalaya to follow same strategy to deal with COVID-19: New health minister
- Wrestler Deepak loses semifinal, to fight for bronze now
- Meghalaya Lottery August 4: Check Future Flush Noon lottery result
- Nagaland Lottery August 4: Check Dear Mercury Wednesday lottery result
- Ravi Dahiya ensures fourth medal for India with sensational ‘pin down’
- Mizoram Lottery August 4: Check Prospect Day lottery result