Agartala: Senior IAS officer Alok Kumar on Monday took charge as the new chief secretary of Tripura.
He replaces Manoj Kumar, who has been transferred and posted as Special Chief Resident Commissioner of Tripura Bhavan, New Delhi.
Tripura chief minister Biplab Kumar Deb has congratulated the newly-appointed chief secretary after he took over the charge.
“Shri Kumar Alok ji takes charge as the Chief Secretary today. He will wholeheartedly work with the team to make Tripura a model state and fulfil the dream of Honble PM Shri Narendra Modi ji. I congratulate him on assuming charge. All the best,” the chief minister tweeted on Monday.
Alok Kumar, a 1990-batch IAS officer, was earlier posted as additional secretary in the Cabinet Secretariat in New Delhi.
- Meghalaya organisation writes to CM, urges action on fuel prices
- Russia’s daily Covid-19 death toll passes 1,000
- Man arrested for selling church property worth more than Rs 50 crore
- Watch: What made this Assam teacher bow down before students?
- Singhu border lynching: Victim’s family says he was ‘god-fearing’
- NE records 4- 5°C higher than usual, weather likely to improve in next 24 hrs