Agartala: A man accused of raping his 17-year-old daughter allegedly died by suicide after the police registered a case against him in Ganganagar area under North Tripura district in Tripura on Tuesday.
Accused of raping his minor daughter on May 28, the deceased was booked on May 31 in Dharmanagar Women’s police station.
The body of the deceased was recovered just a kilometre from his home by the Bagbasa police outpost on Tuesday morning.
On Friday, the man allegedly raped his 17-year-old daughter. The mother of the minor lodged a complaint at Dharmanagar Women’s Police Station.
The police started an investigation into the case. Meanwhile, the man fled after committing the crime.
After searching for two days, the locals along with the police did not find any trace of the accused. Demands for exemplary punishment against the accused arose from various quarters.
However, on Tuesday morning, the Bagbasa police received a report that a body was found in the forest near the helipad in Ganganagar area. The body was recovered and brought to the hospital morgue.
According to the Bagbasa police, they came to know that a case has been filed against the deceased at the Dharmanagar Women’s Police Station two days ago under serious charges of raping his minor daughter.
Deepal Rudra Pal, officer-in-charge of Bagbasa outpost, said that the police recovered the body and sent it to the morgue of Dharmanagar District Hospital for autopsy.
- Nagaland Congress to launch crusade against state govt
- Top seer Mahant Narendra Giri found dead at Allahabad Muth
- Nagaland: Centre earmarks Rs 20 Cr for rehabilitation of shifting cultivation
- 11 months on, mother-daughter duo in Bangladesh jail after crossing border to see tantric
- Yuvraj Singh’s NGO installs 50 CCU beds at Assam hospital
- UK begins COVID-19 vaccine rollout for schoolchildren