Agartala: Tripura Chief Minister Biplab Kumar Deb on Saturday announced ‘Mukhyamantri Balya Seva Prakalpa’– a package for children who lost their parents to the novel coronavirus across the state.
“The state government has decided to provide financial assistance of Rs 3,500 for the children up to 18 years of age if they are taken care of by the relatives or a guardian. These children can also opt for government homes which will bear all their expenses up to 18 years,” Deb said.
He said that the state government will give financial assistance of Rs 50,000 for the girls during their marriage.
“After completing the Matriculation (Class-10) the government would provide these children either a laptop or tablets to access the internet and utilise it for their education purpose,” Deb added.
Speaking further, Deb, who also holds the health portfolio said that all the government welfare schemes will be extended to these children on a priority basis.
When questioned about the elderly people who have lost their son or daughter to the virus, the chief minister said that the state government will look into the matter and consider the need of the matter.
- Making NE a strong economic zone important: Meghalaya CM
- Meghalaya home minister allays fears regarding HNLC diktat
- Delhi residents can now check real-time availability of burial, cremation sites
- More rain in store for Bengal; deluge likely in Darjeeling, Kalimpong
- Budding athletes from NE to get unique Diet scholarship
- Assam Cabinet approves measures to improve power connectivity