Agartala: Three weeks after 31 COVID-19 positive patients escaped from a Covid Care Centre from Agartala, another 25 corona-infected patients escaped from the Ambassa Panchayati Raj Training Institute (PRTI) Covid Care Center in Dhalai district last night.
However, eight were arrested this morning. They were hiding in a nearby village. The officer-in-charge of Ambasa Police Station said that all the victims were residents of the Malda district of West Bengal.
In Tripura, COVID test is mandatory for passengers on long-distance trains due to the dramatic increase in the COVID-19 case in the state. At the Ambassa railway station, about 59 passengers tested positive for COVID-19, the Ambassa sub-divisional magistrate JV Duati said.
He said the victims were originally from West Bengal, who had come to work under a contractor. They are currently in the Covid Care Center at PRTI.
According to the OC of Ambassa Police Station, 25 Corona victims fled last night.
- What is a DAO? Different types of DAOs
- Meghalaya: ECC to stage protest as govt fails to frame action plan for coke plants
- Assam: Servo Brainjam Quiz Fest 2022 begins in Guwahati amid fanfare
- India’s Covid infection tally rises by 226, active caseload declines to 4,529
- Himanta announces additional Rs 5 cr for Assam Agitation Welfare Trust
- International Hornbill Naga Wrestling c’ship: Kezhaseluo-o Pienyü retains title