Agartala: The Tripura royal scion and chairman of Tipraha Indigenous Progressive Regional Alliance (TIPRA), Pradyot Kishore Deb Barman said he would donate his one year salary to fight the COVID-19 pandemic.
Taking to Twitter, the TIPRA chairman said, “I have decided not to take my entire years salary and donate it for people welfare, especially to fight corona, repair homes and education. The TTAADC govt has hardly any funds for development, and the least I can do is to forgo my salary. Will appeal to help to assist as well,” he said.
Deb Barman was elected as a member of the district council from the Takarjala-Jampuijala constituency in the recently-concluded Tripura Tribal Areas Autonomous District Council (TTAADC) elections. TIPRA and Indigenous Nationalist Party of Twipra (INPT) won 18 out of 28 seats.
Earlier this week, two executive members namely, Rajesh Tripura and Sohel Debbarma, wrote a letter to the superintendent of police requesting to withdraw the escort vehicles provided to them, and use the fund for TTAADC development.
Deb Barman had also asked TTAADC chief executive member Purna Chandra Jamatia to not allow new construction unless the new council gets the audit done.
- World Rhino Day: Assam burns largest Rhino horns’ stockpile to bust myths
- Manipur: 22-year-old in jail for ‘Modi’s faeces’ comment on CM’s Facebook
- Bhabanipur bypoll: BJP stopped from campaigning near Mamata’s house
- In a first, Bengal to count big herbivores during tiger census
- Nagaland: NSCN-K Niki Sumi cadre arrested at Chumukedima
- World Rose Day 2021: Here’s why this day is dedicated to cancer patients