Agartala: The Tripura royal scion and chairman of Tipraha Indigenous Progressive Regional Alliance (TIPRA), Pradyot Kishore Deb Barman said he would donate his one year salary to fight the COVID-19 pandemic.
Taking to Twitter, the TIPRA chairman said, “I have decided not to take my entire years salary and donate it for people welfare, especially to fight corona, repair homes and education. The TTAADC govt has hardly any funds for development, and the least I can do is to forgo my salary. Will appeal to help to assist as well,” he said.
Deb Barman was elected as a member of the district council from the Takarjala-Jampuijala constituency in the recently-concluded Tripura Tribal Areas Autonomous District Council (TTAADC) elections. TIPRA and Indigenous Nationalist Party of Twipra (INPT) won 18 out of 28 seats.
Earlier this week, two executive members namely, Rajesh Tripura and Sohel Debbarma, wrote a letter to the superintendent of police requesting to withdraw the escort vehicles provided to them, and use the fund for TTAADC development.
Deb Barman had also asked TTAADC chief executive member Purna Chandra Jamatia to not allow new construction unless the new council gets the audit done.
- Why video referees ruin football
- No, foetuses are not surrounded by bacteria in womb: review
- India has 21 judges per million population: Govt
- Ukrainian ecologists say nature will suffer no matter war’s result
- 5 names recommended by Collegium to be cleared soon: Centre to SC
- Quad agrees to leverage machine learning to enhance cyber security