Agartala: Five days after West Tripura District Magistrate’s (DM) action against two marriage halls for violating the night curfew went viral and brought criticism, Dr Shailesh Kumar Yadav was summoned by a high-level committee here on Friday.
Watch video below: Tripura DM says ‘I stand by my actions’
This video of the district magistrate went viral, where Yadav was seen thrashing the groom by his collar, beating the priest and using unparliamentary language against relatives.
Yadav appeared before a committee consisting of IAS officers Kiran Gitte and Tanushree Debbarma on Friday. The duo will submit their report to the Chief Secretary after completing the inquiry, after which the report would be handed over to Chief Minister Biplab Kumar Deb.
“The committee summoned me for giving evidence today (Friday). I came here at 3 pm and have submitted my statement and other documents. Some orders which were brought out by me, orders under Section 144. I was also asked some questions, which I have replied,” Yadav told EastMojo after representing himself before the high-level committee.
He further said he would fully co-operate with the committee.
“It is my duty to enforce the law and maintain order for the preventive spread of COVID-19. That’s what I did that night and I stand by whatever I did,” Yadav said.
- 4 killed as pickup truck falls into gorge in Mizoram
- DRDO hands over to MSQAA authority holding sealed particulars of Akash missile
- 3 Chinese astronauts return safely after completing six months mission
- Netflix’s Lady Chatterley’s Lover reduces this tale of class conflict to a simple love story
- RBI likely to moderate interest hike: Experts
- Ventilation reduces the risk of COVID. So why are we still ignoring it?