Agartala: Manga Ram Debbarma, a Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) sub-inspector from Tripura, was martyred while performing his duties in Srinagar, Jammu & Kashmir on Thursday.
“We salute the valour & steadfast devotion to duty of SI/GD Manga Ram Deb Barma and CT/DVR Ashok Kumar of #73Bn #CRPF who made supreme sacrifice while valiantly retaliating terrorist attack in Srinagar, J&K. We stand with the families of our Bravehearts”, said CRPF in a social media post.
Debbarma was performing his duty in the outskirts of Srinagar city when the militant group opened fire. During the attack, two jawans of the CRPF, including Manga Ram Debbarma and Ashok Kumar were martyred, while two others were injured.
Chief Minister Biplab Kumar Deb took to Twitter and wrote, “Manga Ram Debbarma, the son of the state, has made the highest sacrifice in fighting terrorists in Jammu and Kashmir.
I pay my deep respects to the heroic martyrs and pray to God for the peace of his departed soul. I extend my deepest condolences to his family”, he said.
- 3 lakh doses of intranasal Covid vax sent to hospitals: Bharat Biotech
- Musharraf, architect of 1999 Kargil war, leaves behind contentious legacy
- 2,278 arrested in 3 days in Assam’s child marriage crackdown
- Engineer on field trip rediscovers moth lost for 150 years in Arunachal
- ‘Immigrant’ row: Two JAC members attacked at rally in Sikkim’s Melli
- NF Railway clocks 9 pc jump in freight unloading in FY’24