Agartala: Manga Ram Debbarma, a Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) sub-inspector from Tripura, was martyred while performing his duties in Srinagar, Jammu & Kashmir on Thursday.
“We salute the valour & steadfast devotion to duty of SI/GD Manga Ram Deb Barma and CT/DVR Ashok Kumar of #73Bn #CRPF who made supreme sacrifice while valiantly retaliating terrorist attack in Srinagar, J&K. We stand with the families of our Bravehearts”, said CRPF in a social media post.
Debbarma was performing his duty in the outskirts of Srinagar city when the militant group opened fire. During the attack, two jawans of the CRPF, including Manga Ram Debbarma and Ashok Kumar were martyred, while two others were injured.
Chief Minister Biplab Kumar Deb took to Twitter and wrote, “Manga Ram Debbarma, the son of the state, has made the highest sacrifice in fighting terrorists in Jammu and Kashmir.
I pay my deep respects to the heroic martyrs and pray to God for the peace of his departed soul. I extend my deepest condolences to his family”, he said.
- Naga Students’ Federation condemn Athuan Abonmai’s murder
- Nagaland gets first child-friendly court at Wokha
- What’s all the hype around Garena Free Fire Max about?
- Yemeni officials: Clashes over key city kill 130 fighters
- Top Assam Maoist Tingraj Orang surrenders
- Centre extends nationwide COVID-19 containment measures till Oct 31