Agartala: A 76-year-old man accused of raping a minor girl was arrested by the PR Bari police and sent to 14 days in judicial custody on Sunday. The accused was arrested based on a complaint filed by the mother of the victim on Friday.
Police said the accused has been booked under Section 376 (AB) of the IPC and Section 6 of Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act.
Special Public Prosecutor Pravat Chandra Datta said the accused person was arrested by PR Bari police station for the gruesome act in Krishnapur area under Belonia Sub-division of South Tripura district.
He said a complaint was made with the PR Bari police station on Friday by the victim’s mother, based on which the 76-year-old person was arrested on Saturday.
According to the complaint, the incident happened on Thursday when the minor girl was alone at home. The elderly accused forced himself into the house and raped the girl, who later narrated the incident to her mother.
“The accused man was produced before the Belonia sub-division court with charges under section 376 (AB) of the IPC and Section 6 of the POCSO Act. The court, after hearing the case, has sent the accused to 14 days of judicial custody,” Datta said.
“The medical examination of the minor victim has been completed and the police are investigating the case,” Belonia sub-divisional police officer Soumya Debbarma said.
- Vishwakarma Puja 2021: Wishes, greetings and significance
- Vishwakarma Puja: Ancient marvels designed by the divine architect
- Assam: Biswanath girl, in shorts, made to wrap curtain to sit for exam
- Not an inch should be given to Assam: Meghalaya Opposition
- Dhoni part of 15-member defence ministry panel on NCC
- Mizo RS member K. Vanlalvena tests positive for COVID-19