Agartala: A Tripura State Rifles (TSR) jawan shot himself with his service weapon at the police headquarters located at Fire Service Chowmuhani on Wednesday. The deceased has been identified as Bijan Karmakar of the 1st Battalion of TSR.
The jawan, a resident of Sayeda Bari under Fatikroy police station in North Tripura district, reportedly performed the last rites of his father-in-law, who passed away on Tuesday.
“Prima facie the case suggests that the jawan shot himself with the service rifle at around 7:45 pm. He was supposed to report for duty at 8 pm,” a senior police official said.
In a similar incident involving a TSR jawan, Manik Ghosh (40) shot himself after killing his wife, son and daughter on May 8, 2017, at their home in Rabindra Nagar in west Tripura.
- Naga Students’ Federation condemn Athuan Abonmai’s murder
- Nagaland gets first child-friendly court at Wokha
- What’s all the hype around Garena Free Fire Max about?
- Yemeni officials: Clashes over key city kill 130 fighters
- Top Assam Maoist Tingraj Orang surrenders
- Centre extends nationwide COVID-19 containment measures till Oct 31