Agartala: The impact of the double-engine government is visible in Tripura as people are witnessing a clear difference between 30 years of the previous government and the last three years of the double-engine government, said Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
He was addressing the people through a video conference as he inaugurated the Maitri bridge over the river Feni between India and Bangladesh here on Tuesday.
The Prime Minister also inaugurated and laid the foundation stone of several infrastructure projects in Tripura. Governor Ramesh Kumar Bais, Chief Minister Biplab Kumar Deb, Deputy Chief Minister Jishnu Dev Varma and other ministers and MLAs of Tripura were present.
Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina’s video message was also played at the event.
“In place of corruption and commission culture in earlier years, now the beneficiaries have direct access to their accounts. Employees who were worried about getting their salaries on time are getting salaries as per the 7th Pay Commission”, Modi said.
For the first time after the government change, crops were purchased at the minimum support price (MSP), Modi added.
“Earlier farmers faced many problems in selling their crops. The circumstances against the closure of the new investment industry are now changing. Exports from Tripura have increased 5 times in comparison to what it was previously”, Modi added.
- Minor earthquake jolts Arunchal Pradesh
- Charanjit Singh Channi to be next CM of Punjab
- Biden pitching partnership after tough stretch with allies
- Young Indians are highly vulnerable to cardiac ailments: Here’s why
- Witnesses say explosion targets Taliban, 2nd in as many days
- Assam: This social entrepreneur duo is building communities with tea and art