If you’re not a boomer, chances are, you’ve heard of Camila Cabello and Shawn Mendes‘ break-up. The duo have shared that they will, however, remain friends despite having ended their relationship.
While reports claimed that the former Fifth Harmony star Cabello was ‘very upset over the split’, turns out that she was the one who had initiated the conversation and agreed that it was for the best.
Just like anybody else, she too has been spending a lot of time with friends and keeping busy. She has a huge support system and feels renewed now, according to sources close to the singer.
The relationship was getting ‘stale’ and complacent when Shawn and Camila decided that they were better off as friends. The 23-year-old Canadian and 24 year-old pop star ended their 2 year relationship on good terms and posted similar statements on their respective Instagram accounts on November 17.
“Hey guys, we’ve decided to end our romantic relationship but our love for one another as humans is stronger than ever,” the singers wrote. “We started out relationship as best friends and will continue to be best friends.”
Although the young-adult duo has split, they have yet again set an example of maturity for other couples who’ve had ugly splits in the past, fans believe.
- 5 suspected ‘Chinese’ nationals caught with precious stones at Gangtok hotel
- Nagaland: One person killed in Mon during protests, death toll rises to 14
- Review: ‘Drushyam 2’ is just as good as its Malayalam original
- Eastern Naga students condemn ‘inhuman massacre’, call for end of AFSPA
- Lynched Sri Lankan’s nearly all bones broken, 99% body burnt: Pak report
- Dimapur Ao Youth body: Mon killings expose ‘Army’s lack of professionalism’