Yolanda Hadid, the mother of supermodel Gigi Hadid, accused Gigi’s partner and former ‘One Direction’ star Zayn Malik of striking her last week, saying that she is considering filing a police report.
Denying the accusation, Zayn Malik took to Twitter calling her allegations false and that he was willing to let it go for his daughter’s sake, willing to keep family issues private, hoping that all heals.
Malik posted a screengrab of a note that he typed in his phone. “As you all know I am a private person and I very much want to create a safe and private space for my daughter to grow up in. A place where private family matters aren’t thrown on the world stage for all to poke and pick apart,” Zayn wrote.
“In an effort to protect that space for her I agreed to not contest claims arising from an argument I had with a family member of my partner’s who entered our home while my partner was away several weeks ago. This was and still should be a private matter but it seems for now there is divisiveness and despite my efforts to restore us to a peaceful family environment that will allow for me to co-parent my daughter in a manner in which she deserves, this has been “leaked” to the press,” he added.
“I am hopeful though for healing for all involved with the harsh words shared and more importantly I remain vigilant to protect Khai and give her the privacy she deserves,” Zayn’s note concluded.
Gigi Hadid and Zayn Malik’s daughter Khai Hadid Malik was born last year in September 2020 after the two got back together in February. The couple have been dating on and off since 2015.
- Most expensive book ever? What makes this $50M Hebrew Bible so special?
- Danger of poor housing in remote communities
- Nepal’s vultures, recovering from a poisoning crisis, fly into another
- What peace in Ukraine and a post-conflict world look like to Xi and Putin
- Universal Basic Income does not cause inflation
- Antarctic ice age survival story: life seeking ice-free refuges imitates art in Ice Age, the movie