James Michael Tyler, famous for his role of Gunther on ‘FRIENDS’ has passed away at the age of 59. He died peacefully at his home in Los Angeles on Sunday morning, reported his manager. Tyler was diagnosed with advanced prostate cancer in 2018, which later spread to his bones. He is survived by his wife Jennifer Carno.
Sharing a scene from the last season of the show, Jennifer Aniston wrote in an Instagram Post, “Friends would not have been the same without you. Thank you for the laughter you brought to the show and to all of our lives. You will be so missed #JamesMichaelTyler 💔”
‘When I’m in a café, having coffee, or I see a man with hair brighter than the sun, I’ll think of you,” says Rachel bedding farewell to Gunther, the supporting character in one of the world’s most famous soap operas of all time ‘FRIENDS’. The scene is replaying in the minds of fans who over ten seasons got attached to the character played by James Michael Tyler.
Matt Le Blanc, Lisa Kudrow and Courtney Cox of the six main characters of FRIENDS also took to Instagram sharing the message of Gunther’s demise, paying the actor a tribute.
In 2021, his spoken word performance of Stephen Kalinich’s poem If You Knew was adapted into a short video to raise awareness for the Prostate Cancer Foundation.
Here’s how netizens are bidding farewell to the man who made everyone laugh, departed too soon.
- Assam: Chenga MLA Ashraful Hussain accused of kidnapping, harassing girl
- Meghalaya 2023: Crowd throngs DC office during nomination scrutiny
- BJP-ruled Tripura got development at speed of bullet train: Yogi at rally
- It is clear PM Modi protecting Adani: Rahul Gandhi
- Mizoram CM’s brother among six sentenced to jail in corruption case
- 12-hour bandh in Sikkim against ‘immigrant’ row