Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg reportedly plans to talk about renaming the parent company’s name at Facebook’s annual conference on October 28. News of the social media mammoth’s plans to rebrand itself is doing rounds on the web. But it could be unveiled sooner.
The news came at a time when the company is facing government scrutiny over its business practices after the whistleblower incident. The rebranding would position Facebook’s app as one of many products under a parent company overseeing Instagram, WhatsApp, Oculus and more.
Social media giant Facebook Inc is planning to rebrand itself with a new name next week, the Verge reported, citing a source with direct knowledge of the matter. It is also not unusual for companies to change names or rebrand after they’ve announced expansion.
The move to rebrand would lay much emphasis on building the so-called metaverse. The company had also recently announced plans of creating 10,000 jobs in the European Union over the next five years to build the same.
Here’s how netizens are reacting to the name change speculation.
- Maid kills former employer for forcing her into flesh trade
- New Songs Sunday: A look at the latest tracks this week
- Oppn demands law on MSP, debate on snooping row, price rise in Parliament
- Netherlands, Australia find omicron variant as curbs spread
- Nagaland pushes for off-road tourism; generate Rs 100 Cr revenue
- Bengaluru police deny permission to Munawar Faruqui’s stand-up show