Fans of Squid Game, the Korean series that has become a global phenomenon, can rejoice because it is highly likely that Season 2 might be in the offing.
The popular Netflix web series could soon become the most-watched web show in Netflix’s history.
Squid Game director Hwang Dong-hyuk, in an interview with CNN, shared that he had left some things open to discuss in the episodes.
Talking about some of the Squid Game characters, the director said, “I want to unfold the frontman’s (played by Lee Byung Hun) past and Joonho’s (played by Wi Ha Joon) story and the man who carries around ttakjis in his briefcase (played by Gong Yoo)’s story. These weren’t necessarily explained in the first season, so I’d like to explain those parts in season 2.”
Previously, Dong-Hyuk had revealed that he lost six teeth while producing the Squid Game episodes due to immense stress. Since writing, producing and directing a series alone is a lot, he said he gets worried thinking about a Season 2 of Squid Game.
“There’s nothing confirmed at the moment. I’m personally contemplating it, as so many people talk about season 2,” said Dong-Hyuk.
- Pfizer says the COVID-19 vaccine more than 90% effective in kids
- IIT-Guwahati shares energy efficient cookstoves tech with industry partner
- Maha: Man held for duping shopkeepers by calling in woman’s voice
- Mizoram: 40,000 kg Areca nuts worth Rs 1.56 crore recovered
- BJP workers attacking Raijor Dal workers: Akhil Gogoi
- Vincent Pala’s statement on jhum cultivation not based on facts: NESFAS