Since the news of India staring at an upcoming energy crisis due to excess rainfall which has hit coal movement began to circulate, a trend has been picking up on Twitter with the hashtag #BlackOutInIndia.
The news of the unprecedented country-wide shortage in coal supply came at a time when Adani group announced its decision to start exporting coal from its Carmichael coal mine situated in Queensland, Australia.
While some believe that the coal shortage is a farce by the Modi government to hand the coal industry over to Adani group, others genuinely share their concerns over the state of affairs in our country with regards to the coal sector, calling it a ‘Modi made crisis’.
Twitterati has also raised eyebrows on the competence of this government, questioning how it took the government so long to figure out that the nation was about to be in such quandary.
Here’s what Netizens have been sharing on the microblogging platform that led to the trend about the blackout.
- Nagaland: 13 cops under investigation for misappropriation of gold bars
- First female head of Japan labour lobby vows to empower women
- CISF apologises to actor after she is asked to remove prosthetic limb at airport
- 2 of family killed in lightning strike in Bengal
- AASU stages protest against fuel price hike in Assam
- As virus cases rise, so do pleas for Russians to get vaccine