The most awaited collaboration between Coldplay and BTS – My Universe Music Video (#MyUniverseMV) – is out. The audio of the song was released last week and the groups released a music video with the song on Thursday after the lyrical version of the track was dropped last week.
The two groups had recently met in New York ahead of the BTS’ appearance at the United Nations General Assembly, when a picture of theirs took the Internet by storm. The group picture showed BTS members in Louis Vuitton suits and Coldplay members in modernised Hanboks, gifted to them by the Korean band.
In the video, set in the future, they show alien radioships, holobands and references from films like Star Wars and Guardians of the Galaxy, also reminding fans of the Korean film Space Sweepers.
“Once upon a time, many years from now… Music is forbidden across the spheres. On three different planets, three different bands defy the ban. DJ Lafrique, on her alien radio ship, unites them via Holoband. All the while, they are hunted by the Silencers,” reads a text right at the beginning of the music video.
#MyUniverseMV (My Universe Music Video) is among the top trends on Twitter today with over 200K tweets since the release of the music video. Here’s what ARMY’s been tweeting.
- Nagaland pillar of India’s ‘Act East policy’: VP Dhankhar
- Arunachal: Dambuk oranges find takers in UAE
- Internet shutdown shows bankruptcy of ideas: TMC leader Mukul Sangma
- On day 1 of IIT-G placements, 168 offers made; highest package worth Rs 2.4 cr
- Arunachal: Protect tribal languages & culture, says Dy CM
- Assam plans drive to bar ex-students from staying in college, varsity hostels