Software giant Google has turned 23 and the search engine is celebrating it with an animated birthday doodle on the engine’s homepage with a birthday cake!
The company specializes in Internet-related services and products including online advertising, search engin, cloud computing, softwares, hardwares, among others. The company is considered on of the Big Five companies in the Americal IT industry alongside Amazon, Facebook, Apple and Microsoft.
The organization was founded in 1998 by Larry Page and Sergey Brin, PhD students at California’s Stanford University. They own about 14 percent of the company’s publicly listed shares and control 56 percent of the stockholder voting power through super-voting stock.
Actual Google Birthday Date
Although google may be celebrating its birthday today, netizens argue that its original birthday date is September 4 and not September 27.
Google went public in 2004 when it opened its shares for the public via an initial public offering and the company gained recognition as Alphabet’s largest subsidiary in 2015, the same year that Sundar Pichai was appointed, replacing Larry Page. Page then assumed office as CEO of Alphabet and was succeeded by Pichai, again in 2019.
Google India had recently tweeted to build up the birthday hype on Twitter, asking netizens to make a guess about how old Google was turning.
Here’s how netizens wished their favourite search-engine on its 23rd birthday.
Also read: The day you couldn’t Google what happened to Google
- Frequent earthquakes vs vulnerabilities of the Himalayan region
- Calls for a ‘green’ Ramadan revive Islam’s long tradition of sustainability
- Why supply chain issues do not cause inflation
- Rahul ‘mismanaged’ Himanta episode in Assam: Azad in memoir
- Gods in the machine? Rise of AI may result in new religions
- Now, apply for jobs, give interviews while on tourist, business visa in US
Leave a comment