A viral video is doing rounds on the internet where a restaurant in Delhi’s Khelgaon area did not let a woman inside because she was dressed in a Saree.
The video showed a woman dressed in a Saree asking an employee of Delhi’s Aquila restaurant if wearing a Saree was allowed, to which the employee replied saying that Saree was not part of a smart casual attire, whereas the restaurant allowed only smart casuals.
The restaurant clearly messed with the wrong woman as Anita Chaudhary, the woman in the video, is an ex-journalist who was there to celebrate her daughter’s birthday. This little spark was all netizens needed to unload their rage on social media platforms.
“I am #sareelovinjournalist , I love to wear saree , it was my daughter birthday today , we booked table also but when we reached they told saree is not allowed. They pushed out,” the woman tweeted on September 19.
“Saree is not allowed in Aquila restaurant as Indian Saree is now not an smart outfit.What is the concrete definition of Smart outfit plz tell me @AmitShah@HardeepSPuri@CPDelhi@NCWIndia Please define smart outfit so I will stop wearing saree,” Chaudhary wrote in another tweet, sharing the video, on September 20.
The video has over 3,000 retweets and close to 5,000 likes .
Here’s how netizens reacted to Anita’s video.
Also read: Watch: Couple goes skiing in saree and dhoti in the US, video goes viral
- IMF approves USD 3 billion for debt-ridden Sri Lanka
- Indian students urge UK PM to act over English test scandal
- What can we expect from the final UN climate report?
- BJP is just a tenant, not owner of democracy: Cong
- WB govt plotting handing over of state-run edu institutions to pvt sector: JUTA
- Education ministry preparing guidelines for students’ mental, emotional wellbeing: Pradhan