A viral video is doing rounds on the internet where a restaurant in Delhi’s Khelgaon area did not let a woman inside because she was dressed in a Saree.
The video showed a woman dressed in a Saree asking an employee of Delhi’s Aquila restaurant if wearing a Saree was allowed, to which the employee replied saying that Saree was not part of a smart casual attire, whereas the restaurant allowed only smart casuals.
The restaurant clearly messed with the wrong woman as Anita Chaudhary, the woman in the video, is an ex-journalist who was there to celebrate her daughter’s birthday. This little spark was all netizens needed to unload their rage on social media platforms.
“I am #sareelovinjournalist , I love to wear saree , it was my daughter birthday today , we booked table also but when we reached they told saree is not allowed. They pushed out,” the woman tweeted on September 19.
“Saree is not allowed in Aquila restaurant as Indian Saree is now not an smart outfit.What is the concrete definition of Smart outfit plz tell me @AmitShah@HardeepSPuri@CPDelhi@NCWIndia Please define smart outfit so I will stop wearing saree,” Chaudhary wrote in another tweet, sharing the video, on September 20.
The video has over 3,000 retweets and close to 5,000 likes .
Here’s how netizens reacted to Anita’s video.
- Prince Charles warns of narrow window to face climate change
- PM Modi meets Indian COVID vaccine manufacturers; CEOs say his leadership key force in vaccination drive
- MNS chief Raj Thackeray, mother test positive for COVID-19
- China attempting to reduce India’s influence in Mynmar, SEA: CDS General Rawat
- Arunachal searching for unsung heroes of India’s freedom struggle
- Mizoram: 808 grams of Heroin seized, one arrested