India’s only gold medalist in athletics Neeraj Chopra made his parents’ ‘small wish’ come true. The 23-year-old Javelin player took both his parents on their first flight ever.
“A small dream of mine came true today as I was able to take my parents on their first flight,” Chopra said in a tweet where he shared pictures of himself and his parents boarding an aiplane.
The grounded athlete’s tweet sharing his little joy, drew comments from fans, followers and well wishers that will melt your heart.
While some were reminded of their first time in an airplane, others said the visuals narrated the story of many middle income families in India, to whom taking a flight, is in fact a big deal.
Neeraj won India a gold in Tokyo in men’s javelin final with a throw of 87.58m.
- Mukroh firing: TMC’s Saket Gokhale writes to Meghalya CM
- Israeli envoy slams filmmaker Lapid for criticising ‘The Kashmir Files’
- India records 215 new Covid-19 cases, lowest since April 2020
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: Check winners of Shillong Teer for November 29
- Afghanistan: after a year of Taliban rule, women are more oppressed than ever
- Sri Lanka apprehends 24 Indian fishermen, Stalin writes to Centre