The match was earlier cancelled due to fears of more COVID-19 cases in visitors’ camp just a couple of hours before the toss after Indian physio Yogesh Parmar tested positive for COVID-19.
India was leading in the series with 2-1 against but fans from across the country reminded that England had done the same in South Africa.
“This is such a shame – as it’s been a wonderful series!,” Australian spin legend Shane Warne wrote on his Twitter handle on the cancellation of the Old Trafford Test.
England batting great Kevin Pietersen said there should not be fingers pointed on the Indians for deciding not to play the Test. “England left the tour of SA for Covid scares & cost CSA plenty, so don’t go pointing fingers!” he tweeted.
Former England captain Michael Vaughan tweeted, “India have let English Cricket down!!! But England did let South African Cricket down!!!”
England’s former batsman Mark Bucher also said that the Indian Premier League in UAE could be one of the reasons why the Manchester test was cancelled.
While many thought that the decision to cancel the match was right to curb the spread of the virus, others took to Twitter sharing memes, expressing their anger and frustration.
Some cricket fans are still confused as to what is the final decision and whether or not will there be a fifth match between India and England. But why not share memes for that too?
- NASA restructures Human spaceflight unit as pvt space industry expands
- KFC in Sikkim: Interesting facts about the chicken with ‘secret ingredient’
- SC allows women to take NDA exam in Nov, says entry can’t be postponed
- Pakistan claims email threat sent to NZ cricket team from India
- Infosys to develop quantum computing capabilities on Amazon Web services
- Elon Musk says Inspiration4 astronauts had toilet trouble in space