SOPs have been released to ensure safety of students with measures like staff vaccination and other COVID-19 protocols to be followed within premises.
Attendance has not yet been made mandatory and students may voluntarily attend schools in most states. After resorting to online classes for months, students are divided on going back to the classroom.
While some showed excitement of finally meeting their classmates after a long break, others already seem to be missing attending classes from the comfort of their homes.
Twitterati have been sharing memes with the hashtag #SchoolsReopen on this new development and we’re falling off our seats. Here are some of the most hilarious memes about reopening of schools doing rounds on Twitter:
Schools reopened in Delhi, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Telangana, Meghalaya and Tripura on September 1. Educational institutions are yet to reopen in other parts of the country.
- Is the Delta variant of the Coronavirus worse for children?
- No evidence of any new variant of SARS-CoV2 in India: INSACOG
- Meghalaya: Dr Sangma says will only speak with leaders in Delhi
- Long COVID: double vaccination halves risk of developing lasting symptoms
- Ritu Kumar expands retail footprint with new store in Guwahati
- Assam Rifles seize 240 bags of areca nuts worth over 46 lakh