Luxury brands are known to rip designs off desi commodities used in our everyday lives. After Gucci’s Rs 2.5 lakh embroidered kurta, netizens are now trolling this Balenciaga Assamese ‘muna’.
The Paris-based Spanish brand’s Barbes East-West Shopper Bags are priced between a whopping $1950 to $2090. To compliment these bags, the brand is also selling similar pouches worth $775 to $850. These bags however, are not for sale in India.
While Maharashtrians say the shopper bag resembles the local ‘Pishwi’, @mahima_dev_mallick thought the Balenciaga bag resembles ‘sobzi market er bag’ or a bag used for vegetable or grocery shopping in Assam.
Another Instagram user @graphicalucifer01 was among igers that commented on an Instagram user’s post saying, “I think either my aaji is secretly a Balenciaga designer or they just flat out stole out designs.”
The brand has a collection of these bags up for sale which usually cost about Rs 150 to Rs 300 in Indian markets and netizens can’t help but reshare their posts about the exorbitantly priced ‘grocery bag’.
- Naga peace talks set to resume as interlocutor, Assam CM step in
- Mizoram: Chakma villages threaten strike over disbursal of grant money
- Arunachal Pradesh gets four more oxygen plants
- Utd Democratic Alliance: Opposition-less govt a reality in Nagaland
- I-T dept: Sonu Sood, associates evaded Rs 20 crore tax, violated FCRA
- Taliban replace ministry for women with one restricting them