The poster for Bollywood actor Saif Ali Khan’s upcoming movie, Bhoot Police released today and was subjected to criticism and backlash on social media. Sharing the poster on her Instagram profile, actor Kareena Kapoor Khan wrote, “Don’t fear the paranormal and feel ‘Saif’ with VIBHOOTI.”
The poster release of the Pawan Kirpalani directed movie triggered a certain section of Twitter which led to a row of comments to boycott Saif Ali Khan. The poster features Saif Ali Khan’s character carrying a sceptre with Hindu sculptures, sadhus and skulls in the background. Netizens were quick to spot the Hindu sadhu’s in the poster and question: “Why Hindu saints in the background?”
A user also pointed out that “Hope #SaifAliKhan not been learnt from Tandav,” referring to the similar row of protests the actor’s web series Tandav faced back in January 2021.
Some are also of the opinion that this is an attempt to hurt Hindu beliefs and sentiments and defame Hindutva.
Also starring Yami Gautam, Arjun Kapoor, and Jacqueline Fernandez, the horror-comedy is set to release on Disney+Hotsar VIP. Produced by Ramesh Taurani and Akshai Puri, Bhoot Police is one of the latest Bollywood movies to have skipped a theatrical release in favour of a digital debut.
- 3 Chinese astronauts return safely after completing six months mission
- Netflix’s Lady Chatterley’s Lover reduces this tale of class conflict to a simple love story
- RBI likely to moderate interest hike: Experts
- Ventilation reduces the risk of COVID. So why are we still ignoring it?
- Does fake behaviour strike a chord with the corrupt?
- West Bengal planning green hydrogen plant in Durgapur