Most people think of a calm, retired life after the age of 60. But Ravi Bala Sharma is not like most people. At the age of 62, she is breaking the internet with her dance moves.
Whether it is a classical dance or bhangra, Sharma does it all with aplomb. This explains why she has over one lakh followers on Instagram, where she is fondly called the “Dancing Daadi”.
Sharma has been fascinated with dance since childhood, but it was not until retirement that her interest rekindled. Sharma can credit her musical father for her talent and passion, as he gave her vocal and tabla lessons in her childhood. She later went on to pursue a Masters in Tabla and Music before venturing into a teaching career.
Although Sharma got her own Facebook and Instagram page only last June, her fame has grown so much that she counts singer/actor Diljit Dosanjh, filmmaker Imtiaz Ali and choreographer Terence Lewis as her fans.
- 41 pc more rainfall in India from Oct 1-21, Uttarakhand records five times higher rain: IMD
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for October 22
- Official: US at turning point in dealing with Myanmar crisis
- Income tax refunds of Rs 92,961 cr issued during this fiscal: CBDT
- Brain-dead man gives new lease of life to 4 patients, family donates organs
- India’s vaccination prog. science- born, science-driven, science-based: PM