The nominations for the best drama are revealed, after Emmys 2020 for the comic category concluded. In the list of nominations is Netflix’s popular show ‘Delhi Crime’. The show that stars Adil Hussain, Shefali Shah and Rasika Duggal in the lead roles, is based upon the real-life incident of 2012 Delhi rape of a medical student.
The news was shared by Adil Hussain on his Twitter handle . He wrote, “As we speak. Just now I came to know that #DelhiCrime, that I am a part of, has been nominated for Best drama series at @iemmys International #emmyawards #Emmys.”
‘Delhi Crime’ is also set for the second season. The first season was based upon Nirbhaya (the name given by the government), who was gang-raped in 2012 in a moving bus in the capital of India.
Recently, Schitts Creek sweeped all the awards as being the best comedy show.
- More than 720 children, women rescued by RPF: Official
- ‘Tar’ review: Cate Blanchett’s stellar performance marks the highlight
- Rupee may remain under depreciation pressure: Economic Survey
- Two from Manipur, one from Assam win Sunsilk Mega Miss North East 2022
- Notification issued for Nagaland elections, no nomination on Day 1
- From bad omen to treasured friends: how Hargila found home in Assam