The nominations for the best drama are revealed, after Emmys 2020 for the comic category concluded. In the list of nominations is Netflix’s popular show ‘Delhi Crime’. The show that stars Adil Hussain, Shefali Shah and Rasika Duggal in the lead roles, is based upon the real-life incident of 2012 Delhi rape of a medical student.
The news was shared by Adil Hussain on his Twitter handle . He wrote, “As we speak. Just now I came to know that #DelhiCrime, that I am a part of, has been nominated for Best drama series at @iemmys International #emmyawards #Emmys.”
‘Delhi Crime’ is also set for the second season. The first season was based upon Nirbhaya (the name given by the government), who was gang-raped in 2012 in a moving bus in the capital of India.
Recently, Schitts Creek sweeped all the awards as being the best comedy show.
- Tiny antibodies from llamas can potentially treat COVID-19: Study
- Attackers strike Taliban in eastern Afghanistan, 5 killed
- Covishield confusion reigns as India not on UK eligibility list
- Piracy-hit Assam OTT Reeldrama launches flurry of new content
- Nepal govt recalls Oli-appointed envoys, including India ambassador
- UP: Muslim cleric arrested for running ‘biggest conversion syndicate’