Several users claimed that WhatsApp, Instagram, and Facebook were down in various regions of the world on Monday evening.
Around 9 PM IST, users took to Twitter to report that the prominent social networking and communication sites were unreachable.
There were over 20,000 occurrences of users reporting difficulties with Facebook and Instagram on the Down Detector website, which is used to track websites and web services.
Meanwhile, over 14,000 users claimed that WhatsApp was unavailable, and over 3,000 users complained that the Messenger App was unavailable.
The official Twitter page for WhatsApp shared that they are aware of the ongoing occurrences and working to bring things back to normal.
In India, Facebook has over 410 million users, while WhatsApp Messenger has over 530 million users, making it the country’s largest market. Instagram has over 200 million users in the country.
Not only are Facebook’s services and apps down for the public, its internal tools and communications platforms, including Workplace, are out as well. This is the equivalent of a “snow day” at the company, confirmed a NY times tech reporter and head of Instagram on Twitter.
- Assam: A nail-biting finish to Servo Brainjam Quiz Fest 2022
- Mizoram: Schemes implementation not up to mark, says Union Minister
- Assam CM slams Ajmal’s recent controversial comment on women
- MoU signed for promoting ‘Tripureswari’ tea brand of Tripura
- Why Ruptu Gogoi believes CWG is like Mt Everest for Lawn Bowls
- World’s first ‘parastronaut’. Will anyone be able to go to space one day?