Xiaomi has unveiled a new smart eye wear device. They sure look like normal glasses, but that is where the similarities end. These new-age glasses are embedded with sensors and imaging system, to enable features like navigation and real-time text translation.
The devise is lightweight, weighs around 51 grams and is integrated with a new MicroLED optical waveguide technology that displays messages and notifications in front of your eyes.
“Introducing Xiaomi Smart Glasses! Though at first glance these seem just ordinary glasses, MicroLED optical waveguide imaging technology puts a display in front of your eyes, for our smartest viewing experience yet,” tweeted founder and CEO of Xiaomi, Lei Jun.
The users wearing these glasses will be able to make calls, thanks to augmented reality and make calls and even capture photos. The pricing and availability of these glasses have not been announced by the company yet. The device is all set to compete with Facebook’s recent Ray-Ban Stories smart glasses.
With a box-like frame on top, the glasses have a thick band that sit on top of ears, laden with sensors. At present, the company has opted for a monochromatic display to allow light to pass through the glass. The glasses will also minimise interruptions at inconvenient times and display information only when critical.
The glasses support an AI assistant for voice commands which is being said to be the primary interaction method. The glasses will allow users to prioritize notifications.
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for September 23
- Assam: 45 high schools upgraded to higher secondary
- NE has been converted into heartland from hinterland: Union minister
- Kashmiri tycoon Sahil Zaroo in jail for ‘raping’ NE girl, bail hearing today
- Twitterati take farmers’ protest online, urge UN to intervene
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for September 23