- To be hosted between 5th to 21st March 2022 in Chandigarh.
- 3BL earned an exclusive recognition from the Basketball Federation of India, making it India’s only authorized professional basketball league.
- 3BL also has recognition from the International Federation (FIBA).
- Apart from prize money, top placed teams get all-expenses paid trip to compete in the FIBA 3×3 World Tours and Challengers.
- All players will gain valuable FIBA 3×3 ranking points thereby elevating India’s overall 3×3 ranking and helping Indian 3×3 National Teams qualify to the Olympics.
- Top Indian players will be participating in 3BL Season 3.
- International Women’s 3×3 specialists to be seen in action for the first time in the women’s league.
New Delhi: The Basketball Federation of India (BFI) and International Basketball Federation (FIBA) backed 3×3 Pro Basketball League (3BL) is returning for the third straight season. The season is scheduled to tip off in Chandigarh from 5th March with the finals scheduled on 21st March 2022.
The announcement was made on Friday by Mr. Rohit Bakshi, 3BL Commissioner and Mrs. Prerna Sharma, Director, 3BL. Also in attendance at the event were BFI Secretary General Mr. Chander Mukhi Sharma, alongside the top Indian and foreign participating players. Mr. Vikas Bansal and Mr. Rajeev Tiwari, the owners of Gurugram Masters franchise, which is the reigning champion in the men’s league, were present as well.
“We are happy to grant exclusive rights to 3BL’s professional league as an added avenue for our star players to shine,” Mr Chander Mukhi Sharma said. “3BL will provide additional income and exposure to many Indian basketball athletes.”
“We strongly believe India will be in 2024 Paris Olympics. By the end of 3BL Season 3, Indianteams’ global FIBA 3×3 federation ranking should be at least 30th, from the current 70th (in men) and 55th (in women). This will give India a boost we all have been waiting for,” Mr.Rohit Bakshi said.
“We would like to thank Nivia for coming on board as the official Apparel Partner, Wyndham Chandigarh Mohali as the Hospitality & Venue Partner, and Boxo Singh Sports Worldwide Pvt. Ltd. as the Name Partner,” Mrs. Prerna Sharma said.
“Being a woman entrepreneur myself, it gives me great joy to have our pathbreaking Women’s League return for a second straight season.”
3BL Season 3 will be live streamed on Sony LIV, with additional weekly special programming to be aired on Sony Six.
Twelve men’s teams and six women’s teams are participating across six rounds. Winners will be announced at the end of each round, and the winner of the final round will be crowned the overall champion.
Besides attractive salaries, prize money and FIBA 3×3 ranking points to individual players, the top teams also get the chance to compete at prestigious FIBA 3×3 World Tour events.
72 men’s players (across 12 teams) and 36 women’s players (across 6 teams) from across India and abroad will be participating.
Top Indian national team stars such as Raspreet Sidhu (former Indian National team captain), Amjyot Singh Gill (ex-NBA G-League player), Vishesh Bhriguvanshi (Arjuna Awardee), Amritpal Singh (former Indian National team captain), Stephy Nixon, Palpreet Singh (ex-NBA G-League draftee), Aravind Annadurai, Jagdeep Singh Bains, Akilan Pari and Arvind Arumugam will be in action. Joining them will be 3×3 specialists from across the globe, including Indian-origin 3BL stars Inderbir Singh Gill and Bikramjit Gill.
Up-and-coming India talents Princepal Singh (ex-NBA G-League draftee), Sahaij Sekhon, Arvind Kumar and Sejin Mathew, among others, will be making their professional 3×3 debuts.
- Shortage of 1.35 lakh personnel in three services: Govt
- State Bank of Pakistan’s forex reserves fall to 4-year low of USD 6.72B
- Medical jargon is often misunderstood by the general public, says study
- No wastage of Covid vaccines in govt buffer stock due to expiry: Govt
- What legacy will Vladimir Putin leave Russia?
- 13.92 lakh cancer cases in India in 2020, projected to increase by 12.8 per cent: Mandaviya