Dimapur: The Atoqa Tea Producer Company Limited (ATPCL) will welcome United Sikkim FC 11 on March 8, 2022, along with former Indian football captain Baichung Bhutia and Renedy Singh at the closing ceremony of the Sumi Hoho Trophy.
An exhibition match in solidarity with grassroots football in the state would be played between Sumi 11 and Baichung 11 USFC on March 9, 2022, at 9 am during the closing ceremony.
The Sumi Hoho trophy is conducted under the aegis of apex Sumi games and sports association (SGSA) having 20 subunits covering all Sumi areas in Nagaland and upper Assam.
It further informed that as part of its CSR initiative Global Network Group, would be supporting coach training in Siliguri under the guidance of Baichung Bhutia to set up an under -14 team in Suruhuto Subdivision.
It will also sponsor talented players for trials in professional FCs to give them the appropriate platform and support, under the banner of Suruhuto area sports association (SASA).
Baichung Bhutia, also the founder of BBFS (Baichung Bhutia football school) across 21 cities in India nurturing young grass root football is closely associated with Suruhuto subdivision and had also donated to Suruhuto COVID task force during the pandemic in 2020.
Renedy Singh and Baichung Bhutia are presently advisors to the Western Sumi sports association (WSSA).
- Assam: Endangered hogs return home at Manas National Park
- Nagaland: Memorial Football tourney of Kargil martyr from Nov 1-9
- PM’s call for mass drive on Sunday an insult: Manipur TNL
- Assam: Train equipped with state-of-art features flagged off
- No hope of Left’s revival in Tripura, says leader of Oppn Animesh Debbarma
- How a neurosurgeon is training the next gen of Wushu athletes of Manipur