Mizoram boy Daniel Lalhlimpuia scored early in the first half and Aridai Suarez doubled the lead shortly after to help Odisha FC thrash NEUFC 2-0 in matchday 64 of the Hero Indian Super League (ISL) 2021-22 season on Tuesday at the PJN Stadium in Margao, Goa. NEUFC started well in the first half and created multiple opportunities but failed to convert any of those, like in many of their earlier encounters this season, helping Odisha FC complete their league double over NEUFC.
Playing under interim coach Kino Garcia for the first time, Odisha FC started well, forcing mistakes from the Highlanders as they missed several key goal-scoring opportunities. They had the first major scoring opportunity in the 16th minute but Mapuia missed an easy chance. Daniel Lalhlimpuia broke the deadlock for Odisha in the 17th minute and Aridai Suarez scored the second in the 22nd minute. Aridai Suarez had key roles in both the goals and rightly won the Hero Man of the Match award.
No goals were scored in the second half but the first half heroics were enough to earn Odisha FC three crucial points. With this win, Odisha FC moves to fifth position in the points table and in contention for a semi-final spot. NEUFC continue to languish at 10th position with 9 points from 12 games. NEUFC next play Chennaiyin FC on Saturday while Odisha FC will take on Hyderabad FC in their next match on January 27.
- Meghalaya: World Disabled Day observed in South Garo Hills
- Leftist agenda on JNU campus won’t succeed anymore: VHP
- BJP-IPFT has given corruption free governance in Tripura: Manik Saha
- Special help desk for persons with disabilities at Guwahati airport
- With Meghalaya speaker joining NPP, will TMC take Phulbari’s sitting MLA?
- Mizoram: Weapons recovered in Tuipang, 4 Myanmar nationals held